An open-source image editor especially designed for RAW and bitmap images
Photivo is an image editor especially designed to work with RAW files or bitmaps such as TIFF, BMP, JPEG, PNG, etc.
This photo editor is open-source and has an active community that constantly works to improve it. The Photivo functions are mainly designed to process images after taking them and to correct colors, contrast, brightness and focus. It is designed to be used in combination with more complete editors such as GIMP.
Some of the main features in Photivo include:
• Import and export GIMP files
• Internal 16-bit processing
• Noise and compression artifact reduction
• Color correction and color balance
• Perspective and focus correction
• Saturation adjustment
• Contrast and texture filters
• Tone assignment
• Batch processing
Photivo includes a well-organized interface that maximizes the work space and lets you clearly see all the advanced functions. The program’s learning curve can be somewhat steep, especially for beginners, since it was designed for experienced artists and photographers. However, the large number of tutorials and manuals created by the community make it easy to learn for anybody interested in doing so.
In summary, if you are looking for a complete and reliable post-processing application, be sure to download Photivo for free.
• Large number of advanced features
• Compatibility with GIMP editors
• Open-sources, with an active community
• Convenient and well-organized work interface
• Can be complex for beginners