J. River Media Center, a complete multimedia centre for getting the most from your favorite music and videos
- Intuitive interface
- Editing features included
- Integration with social media
- Remote connection via mobiles
- Remote access
- Takes up a lot of system resources
J. River Media Center is a comprehensive set of media playback tools that comes with five varying utilities. With this toolbox you’ll be able to enjoy your videos and songs through high-quality playback without needing to worry about incompatible formats.
Enjoy, share, and play all of your media files
With this app you’ll have all bases covered, given that every type of file has a section of the program dedicated to it.
• Video. You can play a wide range of formats and also get the most from platforms such as YouTube, Netflix, as well as DVD and Blu-ray films without a problem. The configuration is automatic, so you won’t need to mess around with any settings. You’ll also be able to sync up your TV and watch films from any part of the home.
• Music. You’ll have a feature for organizing all of your songs within the same River Media Centre environment. Once the program’s been installed on your computer, it will carry out an automatic scan of the entire hard drive in search of audio files.
As soon as they’ve been found, they’ll be added to the library and organized under different criteria (artist, name, year, album, and so on). One stand-out characteristic of the audio playback is its high quality. According to the developers, the program is “worthy of any audiophile”.
• Images. The program comes with an image viewer that lets you browse through all of your photos smoothly. You can also import them from your camera and other devices— once connected they’ll be automatically detected.
Once the image library has been organized (similar to the way in which the music library is organized), you’ll be able to use the basic editing features included with the suite. After that, with a few simple steps you’ll be able to share your photos in Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, email, and more.
Discover the Home Theater and Network features
J. River Media Center has thought of everything. Unless you’re the fortunate owner of a 42” TV, watching films from the comfort of your living room armchair won’t be the most optimized experience. For this reason, the developers of this suite have included a ‘Home Theatre’ function.
Thanks to the function, you can remotely control the program and the app will recognize any connection you make from the PC to a TV. This means that you’ll be able to manage your computer remotely and enjoy an image quality that’s worth of a Saturday night movie.
To make this possible, J. River Media Center allows for the remote connection of iPhone and other mobiles that work with Android as an operating system. On top of that, the program interface has been modified to use a GUI (Graphical User Interface), basically a techie way to say big icons rather than lots of text.
The last thing worth mentioning is the ‘network’ function. Thanks to the integration of the LAN and internet connections, J. River Media Center lets you share and manage all multimedia content stored on its hard disk with other computers and web users.