Facebook Messenger for Windows
Chat, private messages, tickler and notifications, all in one
The most important social network on the planet has launched its own messaging program that includes numerous functions from its system and integrates a large number of options. Here is a review of the Facebook Messenger for Windows features:
• Side docking in Windows. You can use it as a traditional window with its separate chat, or dock it to the right side of the screen, keeping it always visible.
• Chat with your contacts. You’ll be able to chat with your friends in a separate window of an adjustable size and with tabs for each of them.
• Tickler included. Check your friends’ activities in real time, since the new technology from Facebook is located above the chat.
• Faster notifications. In each notification you receive there will be a popup over the activity. The event will also remain pending if you didn’t manage to see it.
• Friend requests. In the same upper bar you’ll see the invitations from your friends.
• Built-in search engine. Will let you find your contacts within instants.
These are the main functions in Facebook Messenger for Windows; they can seem a lot for a single messaging program, which when installed, uses up just a small size. But that won’t make it inconvenient to use, on the contrary: it is perfect.
Functions just a click away
Its interface is simple and effective. It is split into four parts:
• Upper menu: here are all the friend requests, private messages (which are opened in the messenger itself), notifications and the access to your Wall.
• Lower menu: includes a friend searcher and configuration options.
• Tickler: shows each contact’s actions.
• Friends: lets you see both connected and disconnected people.
As you can see, Facebook Messenger for Windows is quite an innovation in messaging services, even more so if you are a frequent user of the popular social network. Besides, it is convenient to use at work and avoid having the browser open.
• Complete and interactive interface
• Lots of functions
• Real-time synchronization
• Only works in Windows 7